Monday, December 21, 2015

One more photo for the Metropolis series

My Metropolis series of fine art prints take a long time to produce, which is why I add a new one only so often.  This time I began with an overhead view I had of New York traffic on a rainy day. I took two photos of the avenue -- one in focus, and one out of focus to blur the lights. I then combined them to enhance the feeling of congestion.  The interesting thing about this photo is that almost all the cars in the block are taxi cabs. I used another overlay to parallel the traffic lanes.

All the photos were taken with a Fuji X-T1 hand held at ISO 1600. The Metropolis series is comprised of large prints so I removed the noise from each layer before flattening them into the final image to achieve a higher quality in the enlargement.

No comments :

Post a Comment