Friday, October 17, 2014

Exploring Assateague Island National Seashore with the Fuji X-T1

On my recent trip to photograph in Assateague Island National Seashore and nearby Chincoteague Wildlife Refuge I had two camera outfits with me: the newly released Nikon D750 -- the subject of my last blog post -- and the Fuji X-T1. I used the XT-1 primarily to take photographs for later conversion to platinum prints in my art portfolio. A Fuji X-camera is my favorite for this purpose. I set it to record in both jpg and RAW at the same time. I also set it to record in black and white. This results in a black and white jpg, but a full color RAW leaving the jpg for reference when I process the RAW. One thing I like about the X-T1 is that when it is in this mode it shows a black and white image in the viewfinder so I can see the actual monochrome values, which can even be modified with contrast controls from the Fuji "Q" menu. 

The kit for the X-T1 consisted of the 18-55mm zoom, 55-200mm zoom, and the 14mm lens -- small and compact and a complete relief to carry when I switched over to it from the Nikon kit. 












1 comment :

  1. A complete relief you say, but the Nikon kit included 4 lenses, two of which were large telephoto zooms with a lot of redundancy between them. You could have ditched the 70-200 f/4 since you had the 80-400. Anyway, nice shots.

    ReplyDelete