Monday, April 28, 2014

Time lapse and timing on the Hudson River

I spent the weekend in Hudson, NY very close to the Hudson River. On Saturday morning the sky was overcast in a slight drizzle. I went to the river's edge to try some time lapse images with the Fuji X-T1. Last time I tried this was on a beach in Florida where I first discovered the X-T1 light leak problem -- now completely fixed by Fuji.

Pier pilings in the Hudson River. Taken with the Fuji 18-55mm lens 45 seconds at f/11 with 9x ND filter.

Barren tree and overcast sky along the Hudson River. Taken with a Fuji 14mm lens, 90 seconds at f/22

Seagull confrontation, Hudson River, NY. Taken with the 55-200mm Fuji zoom at 1/750 second and f/8. The high speed continuous focus on the X-T1 performed flawlessly for timing the sequences I photographed of seagulls dueling it out for territory. 

No comments :

Post a Comment