Thursday, October 31, 2013

Autumn comes to Central Park

Autumn usually come late to Central Park. I went there yesterday to see how the colors were progressing. The day was lightly overcast, which lowered the usually stark contrast and allowed for a  smoother transition of colors. Normally I like photographing autumn scenes in a strong backlight to bring out the brilliance of the colors, but in the park is often difficult to find an ideal position from which to take the photo. So a soft overcast was my preferred choice. Here are a few images taken around the Pond and Lake with a Nikon D800. I chose images featuring a dominant yellow-orange hue in celebration of Halloween today.

I was also testing the new Fuji 23mm f/1.4 lens on a Fuji X-E1 for a hands-on blog review I hope to have ready for tomorrow.

This is The Pond, the first body of water you see entering the park from its lower end.

A colorful wood duck and autumn reflection in the Pond.


There are a number of people who create huge soap bubbles in the park as a means of picking up some money from tourists. I tipped this guy a little extra to have him create some bubbles that would pass in front of the tableau of yellow autumn leaves for this photo. 


No comments :

Post a Comment